9.07.2010

Launch Retreat

This past weekend was completely amazing! I have been to the Launch Retreat with the young adults from Watermark before, but I had no idea what a blessing I was in for when I showed up at Sky Ranch on Friday afternoon. This place is so beautiful and serene and I can't wait to go back in October for the CR leadership retreat.

Launch 2010 was the biggest retreat we have had to date. Over 500 young people showed up on Saturday morning and the rest is history! I met so many wonderful people and have never had so much fun serving. Afshin Ziafat was our speaker, and getting to see him and his wife was a special mini-reunion for me. I met Meredith when I moved to Dallas 10 years ago. We were both involved in a group called Graceplace and it was so fun getting to hear their story and where God has brought them over the past 10 years. Afshin was raised Muslim, accepted Christ as a teenager, was disowned from his family, and is now a full-time evangelist. To learn more about his story, check it out here: http://www.afshinziafat.com/. Be prepared to be blessed!

He challenged us throughout the weekend to put our "all" on the altar (referencing Abraham having to sacrifice Isaac), and to live out the calling that God has given each of us. As J.P. said over and over, "so you are a Christian...so what?" What are we doing with our faith?

I was also blessed to be able to lead the greatest team ever with my co-leader Jason. Not only did we seriously kick some butt during the challenges ( 5 of 5 baby!), but everyone was so open and authentic and I loved getting to share life with them.

More than anything, this weekend was a reminder that it's not about me. Whether I was unloading a billion cases of water, making countless team signs, signing people in, or leading a small group, it was all for HIM. Although I was completely exhausted and utterly used up, I have never been filled with so much joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment