9.27.2010

I smell fried food...

Yep, that's right...it's time for the State Fair of Texas. I'm drooling all over again thinking about the Fletcher's corn dogs, funnel cakes, fried frito pie, candy apples...the list goes on and on. The fried frito pie won 1st Place for the fried food award this year and it was so stinking good!!!


And thanks to my amazing job, I got to go to the fair for free this past weekend. I took my friend Andrea along and we made the most out of the rainy day. We saw the "Monsters of the Sea" show at the IMAX, looked at all of the new cars, and lusted over this super cool Mustang pool table. This would look so awesome in my (future) house!

And speaking of my future house, we went to play Bingo with my company that afternoon and I won a 26" flat screen HDTV. I never win anything, so you can only imagine how ridiculously excited I was. It turns out that there were 4 other people that bingoed at the same time as me, but because I threw my arms up in the air, everyone saw me first. Guess being an expressive person is a good thing sometimes. :) It's still sitting in my closet in its box waiting for the day that I have a place to put it.

And it only seems appropriate to end this happy blog with a friendly wave from Big Tex. It was yet another wonderful year at the State Fair of Texas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment