9.10.2010

Write much???

So Luci Swindoll and I have become great friends! She doesn't know this, but if I could stalk her down, I would force her be my friend. I have been reading through her book "Doing Life Differently" for the past month as part of my quiet time each day and she has begun to feel like a best friend. Her stories make me laugh and cry and I always walk away encouraged. Isn't that what friends are for. I'm going to be really sad when her book ends.

I think one of the reasons I like her so much is that we are so very alike, even though we are separated by 46 years of age. We are both stubborn and independent. Share a huge passion for music and the arts. Love travel and photography. And we are both writers. In yesterday's reading, she was encouraging me to write everything down. After all, the older you get, the less you remember. Fortunately, I have been recording my life for the past 18 years. I literally went through my bookcase last night and pulled out all of the journals I have written in. I'm pretty sure some of them are still in hiding, but they made for a fun picture, right?

I haven't actually found the time to sit down and read back through them yet. Maybe someday soon. It's always fun to see how far you've come, the lessons you've learned, and the lessons you are still learning. And who knows? Maybe someday my adolescent thoughts and words will be able to encourage my daughter or neice.

No comments:

Post a Comment