5.13.2010

Outside of the box...

Now this is what I call a cupcake!


I've had several opportunities to be creative over the past few weeks and I'm loving it. I find that even though I love my job, I often times have to be very detailed and analytical, so I truly enjoy the moments when I can think "outside of the box" and have a little fun.

My sweet friend Natalie's birthday was this past Monday and we celebrated last night over this monstrous cupcake. It is seriously about the size of a human head and was a huge hit! (The picture just doesn't do it justice!) I also had a random stranger approach me and ask me to make one for his son. Hmm...perhaps I should start up a side business. Taking orders now...

And speaking of side businesses, I have been having a lot of fun with my photography lately. I had the opportunity to take family portraits for a good friend of mine from church. His family was an absolute joy to be around and they were so easy to work with. As a special thank you, I decided to package up their pictures and their CD in a cute little photo box that they could save. I think it cost me $3 and made such a huge difference in the presentation. Of course I don't think he had a clue what to do with it, but I'm sure his mom will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment