5.03.2010

I HATE CANCER!!!

I'm sure that is a sentiment shared by pretty much everyone. And I don't use the word hate very often, but in this case, I do hate it. I am mourning the loss of my sweet friend Jennifer today who lost her battle to cancer this past Friday. She was a beautiful person who was a fighter and full of life! And she was one of my few friends who actually followed my blog and always loved my crazy stories. It's times like these that I'm forced to surrender all of my questions to God and trust in His sovereignty yet again. Even though I don't understand why her life was cut short and why we live in such a fallen world that is full of evil diseases like cancer, I know that He will prevail and that she is sitting at His feet in Heaven today.

I think the most difficult part of her death for me is the fact that I didn't get to say goodbye. She lived in Houston with her amazing husband and this was the third round of cancer she had gone through. As I mentioned above, she was a true fighter! So naturally, when I heard the cancer had returned, I assumed she was going to kick some butt again. Little did I know that a few months later I would get an email from a mutual friend telling me that she was no longer with us. It all happened so fast. But isn't that just like life? We blink and it passes us by...

I want to thank my friend for reminding me how precious life is. For being the kind of woman who continued to glorify God and consider others above herself even when her own circumstances were not ideal. And for fighting the good fight right up until the very end! I will miss my sweet friend, but the memories I have of her and the legacy she has left behind will live on in those that she touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment