6.10.2010

Viva Las Vegas!

I love Las Vegas! For a million reasons...the masses of people you see wearing completely inappropriate clothes, the sights and sounds of New York, Paris, Venice...the food, the shows, the shopping, the pools, the gambling! It's like one huge adult playground. My only issue with Vegas is the idea that sleep is over-rated. I'm still recovering!

I flew out to Vegas and met up with my friend Lilly and her husband Eric last Thursday evening. We stayed at this awesome resort called Tahiti Village that was a little ways off the strip and spent the majority of our time laying by the lazy river sipping Captain Dew's...my new favorite drink. :) We had our own individual umbrellas for shade as well as a poolside waiter who was very easy on the eyes to bring us our lunch. Does it get any better? We even splurged and had a massage one afternoon, which of course was my favorite part. And in the evenings, we would get all dolled up and hit the town with the masses of people in the hundred degree heat.

Our first night, we decided to visit the "old" Vegas on Freemont Street since Lilly had never been there. Despite being lit up from top to bottom, it has a completely different feel from the "new" strip...not to mention it attracts a completely different crowd of people. Not only did we eat the worst chicken fried steak of our lives, but we found ourselves riding on a public transporation bus that made me turn green. Not exactly a fantastic evening, but we made up for it.

Night #2 was fantastic! We had dinner at Phil's French Italian Steakhouse at Treasure Island, where I had the most mouth-watering chicken fettucine alfredo ever and went to see the Cirque show Mystere. Perhaps I was just buzzed from the wine, but the way these people can contort their bodies is unbelievable. My mouth was literally sagging open throughout the entire show. I took several pictures; however, my camera was confiscated by the security guard and I was forced to delete all of my pictures. WTH? Seeing these people with their amazing bodies definitely gave me the little push I needed to get back into shape. :)

Our final day is Vegas was pretty low-key. We did a little shopping and I majorly lusted over a pair of Dior stilettos that I will never be able to afford. We then had lunch in the ESPN zone, which was deja vu from when I was in Vegas with Lilly and Eric three years ago. And I gambled and made a whopping $25. I know...I'm such a high roller! We had so much fun and I'm already looking forward to our next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment