10.14.2010

WE DID IT!!! WE ACTUALLY WON!!!

That's right! Me and my gorilla from the Dallas Zoo took away 2nd place in the annual Feathers, Fur and Scales Photography Contest! To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've never won anything for any of my pictures before. Of course, I've never entered any of them into a photography contest either. But in a small way, this was confirmation.

Just last weekend, as I was sitting at Stabucks recharging my camera battery due to a small glitch during a photo shoot, I was questioning myself and God about whether or not I should pursue my love and passion for photography. It seems like every time I've scheduled something lately, chaos has ensued. But as I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself, a friend of mine called and left a message saying her sister was getting married and would I want to be the photographer. Now, maybe that wasn't God audibly speaking to me and saying "Go forth with your camera and capture the world", but it was a realization that I have a gift, there are people who need this gift, and if God continues to provide opportunities for me to share that gift, why in the world would I let a few chaotic moments take that away from me???

And to top things off, there will be a reception in my honor (well, actually it's for everyone who won) at the Dallas Zoo on October 24th. Can't wait to see my big gorilla blown up and on display for everyone to enjoy. :)

1 comment: