4.19.2010

Shaking things up a bit...

One thing I have discovered about life is that CHANGE is inevitable. And I'm pretty sure I am one of the few people who actually like it. Whether it's moving to a new town, buying a new home, getting a new haircut, or starting a new job (which is the case for me), I always look forward to it. It's a chance to start over fresh, meet new people, and experience new things.

Just a month ago, I would have told you that my plans were to move to East Texas at the end of this year and try to buy a house so I could be closer to my family. Being in Dallas, even though it's only two hours away, has been so hard on me over the past few years. Not that I didn't miss my mom and dad and brother and sister-in-law before now, but I feel like I'm missing out on the precious childhood years of my nephew and niece. So, I had planned to move home. And then...

I found out about a position that opened up at the Hunt Oil Company here in Dallas. The pay was substantially more than I was currently making and the company is known to be one of the best around. So, I decided to take a chance and interview with them. Initially I went into it thinking that it would be a good change for me and that I could stay in Dallas another year or two and then move home. Which may still be the case. However, this change has been one for the books. I have never worked for a company that values their employees as much as Hunt. Not only do they stand for family values, honesty and integrity, but they encourage the employees to stay physically fit and volunteer on a regular basis. The two weeks I've worked so far have been incredibly refreshing! And I'm pretty sure they pump happy gas into this place. I wake up tired and grumpy, but as soon as I walk into this place, voila...life is good! :)

I still miss my family and find myself wanting to go home every weekend to see what I'm missing and just enjoy some down time. But for now, I'll be content to stay where God has placed me, enjoy meeting these fascinating new people, and enjoy the ride. Who knows? Maybe my Mr. Right is hiding somewhere in this 14-story building.

No comments:

Post a Comment